“Sustainable tourism and the future of EU: Soft Mobility strategies for accessibility"
BAD REICHENHALL 8-9.10.2016
The First GEMS Event – “Sustainable tourism and the future of the EU: Soft Mobility strategies for accessibility”, hosted by Bad Reichenhall Kur and the Municipality of Bad Reichenhall on 8th and 9th October 2016, will promote debates around Soft Mobility and Sustainable Tourism. A specific focus will be given to the identification of initiatives and strategies for the inclusion of senior and physically impaired citizens in Sustainable Tourism practices by means of Civic Engagement actions, such as volunteering.
The two working days will engage participants (more than 70 GEMS Taskforces from Austria, Italy, Germany and Slovenia) in activities of peer-to-peer exchanges and study visits, as well as in presentations and workshops coordinated by international experts.
Day 1 – 08.10.2016
10:00 – 14:00
Arrival of participants and registrations
14:30 – 17:30
Study visit and first debates (Kurmittelhaus der Modern und Ortsbesichtigung)
- Welcome Notes – Gabriella Squarra, Bad Reichenhall Kur
- Presentation of GEMS project – Alpine Pearls and ISIG
- Presentation of Preliminary Study results – “Local Best Practices – Soft Mobility and Thermal Tourism” Bad Reichenahall Kur Preliminary Study – Bad Reichenhall
- “On the Road” Brainstorming and Debates on “Solidarity and Integration Actions” for senior and physically impaired citizens – facilitated by ISIG
17:30 – 19:00
19:00 – 22:00
Evening Get Together and Team Building
- Bestnoten hören “Concert – Young musicians of "Jugend musiziert"– Bad Reichenhall Philarmonica
- Study Visit to Spa & Family Resorts Rupertus Therme – Sustainability and Thermal Tourism
Day 2 – 9.10.2016
09:30 – 10:30
Public Conference – “Sustainable tourism and the future of the EU: Soft Mobility strategies for accessibility” (Königliches Kurhaus Kurstraße 2-6)
Fringe event – Annual Conference of the Alpine Pearls Network
- Welcome Notes – Mr. Herbert Lackner, Bad Reichenhall Mayor/Oberbürgermeister
- Opening of the Conference – Mr. Peter Brandauer, President of Alpine Pearls HIGHLIGHTS ON THE PEARLS ALPS
- Feel good quality – Green building, sustainability and health in tourism – Florian Baubin, Institute of Green building and sustainability FEEL GOOD QUALITY
- The future of Alpine Pearls – Soft Mobility and Tourism – Sebastian Mettler, Innovationswerkstatt
- GEMS – inteGration and solidarity European Models for Sustainability – Active citizenship in sustainable tourism strategies – Institute of International Sociology of Gorizia – ISIG GEMS PRESS KIT
- European opportunities (Europe for Citizens Programme, other EU programmes) – Institute of International Sociology of Gorizia – ISIG
10:30 – 11:30
- “Solidarity initiatives for an inclusive sustainable tourism for senior and physically impaired citizens"
- "Guarantee of Mobility in the Pearls of the Alps"
- "Target Groups and Adequate Communication"
Network Solidarity Model – The Chapter on Accessibility, Inclusion, Active Aging:
11:30 – 12:30
Operational Meeting (for GEMS partners)
Departure of participants