“Future challenges of EU in the Alpine Region:
How to build the sustainable future of tomorow?"
WERFENWENG – 14-15.04-2018
The Municipality of Werfenweng will host on 14th and 15th April 2018 the sixth Transnational Event “Future challenges of EU in the Alpine Region: How to build the sustainable future of tomorrow?”. The event will focus on the future challenges of the sustainable development of the Alpine communities. GEMS Task-Forces will be called to identify actions and strategies that capitalise on the sustainable future of the Alpine traditional communities.
Day 1 – 14.04.2018
12:00 – 14:00 – Registrations
14:00 – 16:00
Conference: "Future challenges of EU in the Alpine Region: How to build the sustainable future of tomorrow?"
- Welcome Notes – Alpine Pearls and Municipality of Werfenweng
- Presentation of Preliminary Study on Werfenweng Preliminary Study Werfenweng
- Presentation of the EU Strategies and Opportunities for Sustainable development in the Alpine Regions – ISIG Researchers Sustainable Development EU Alpine Region
Presentation of local best practices:
- SAMO and WIR SAMO projects – Alpine Pearls Association SAMO and WIR SAMO projects
Future synergies in the Alpine regions – facilitated debate among the GEMS Task Forces:
- Allergy-free community Project – Bad Reichenhall Allergy-free community project
- Outdoor Project – Moena Outdoor project – Moena
- Green tourism – Bled Green tourism – Bled
- Music Festival of the Alps – Forni di Sopra
16:00 – 18:00 – Study Visit – Networking Wellness in Werfenweng
19:30 – 21:00 – Dinner and Get together of the task force
Day 2 – 15.04.2018
09:00 – 11:00
GEMS Workshop: "Future challenges of EU in the Alpine Region: How to build the sustainable future of tomorrow?"
- Parallel Workshops
- Plenary Feedback
11:00 – 13:00 – Field Visit @ Werfenweng community
13:00 – 15:00 – Conclusions and Networking Lunch
15:00 – 17:00
Operational meeting for partners:
- Preparing the Final GEMS event in Bled
- Preparing the Alpine Award for Solidarity and Integration Initiatives
- Preparing the GEMS Friendship Agreement
17.00 – Departure of participants